LEHC’s Customer Service Charter
In this Customer Service Charter, the terms “LEHC”, “we”, “us” and “our” mean the London Employment Help Centre, and the terms “customer”, “you”, and “your” mean any person, including business and representatives of businesses, that engages with LEHC and its staff and representatives, whether by accessing or seeking to access information or services offered by LEHC.
London Employment Help Centre (LEHC) is an Employment Ontario service provider.
We work in partnership with both job seekers and employers.
Our 4 major areas of service are:
- Connecting employers with new employees
- Assisting customers with career adjustment, one-to-one counselling and job search
- Assisting customers to enter Second Career (training)
- Advocating on behalf of customers to assist them with EI, OW, ODSP and CPP-D applications and appeals.
Our Services are funded through the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and the United Way Elgin Middlesex.
LEHC Mission Statement:
“Help people navigate the system and find employment”
Customer Service Charter Guiding Principles:
We are in the customer service business — we will be courteous and helpful at all times.
- We will be fair and open in assisting our customers’ issues
- We will be flexible and practical in making decisions that affect our customers
- We will use feedback of all types to enhance our customers’ experience
- We will respond to customer issues promptly by resolving them as often as possible with our staff
- We will offer suggestions and help based on the best long-term interests of all customers
- Our customers will help us deliver on these principles by acting appropriately and by letting us know how we can improve our services
Treating all customers equally:
We are committed to giving a quality service that suits all of our customers. We will not tolerate any discrimination due to gender, age, disability, race, religion, marital status, family status, or sexual orientation.
We will make every effort to accommodate customers with disabilities and meet the needs that are specific to particular groups of customers.
Offering a service that everyone can use:
We are committed to helping everyone use our services. As part of this, we:
- Make our office space 100% accessible
- Make our public offices accessible during business hours
- Make our public office available two evenings a week
- Provide online or telephone access for customer information on all of our services
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Provide warm, friendly customer service to everyone entering our premises
- Can be contacted in the way you prefer – by telephone, fax, email, in writing or in person, as well as through our Website
- Provide interpretation services for clients who speak languages other than English. We can provide service in many languages other than English, including Arabic, Spanish and Russian. Other languages can be accommodated upon sufficient notice
- Provide flexible service across the channels of your choice – in person, email, or by phone
- Provide a voice mail answering service for individuals who do not have a phone
- Make referrals – if we do not have the service you need, we will help you find it
- Respond to your emails, texts or letters within a maximum of 2 working days
- Provide access to a Resource and Information Service that provides access to email, the Internet, phones, fax and photocopy equipment
- Provide information on local, provincial and national labour market information
- Provide resources on training, community resources, job postings, apprenticeships and much more
- Continue to provide support until it is mutually agreed it is no longer required
How you can help:
Treat our staff and our centre with courtesy and respect
- Provide timely, complete, open, accurate and honest information
- Ensure that we always have your most recent contact information
- Honour your commitments to us and to yourself
- Provide us with honest feedback
- Provide a fully accessible facility for all our programs and services. We continuously adhere to LEHC’s health and safety policies to ensure a safe learning and working environment for all
- Protect your location, attendance and participation in our programs and services from third parties at all times, unless instructed otherwise
- Use video surveillance in both our reception areas and in our Resource Centre
- Notify appropriate authorities if we have reason to believe a customer is a potential harm to themselves or others
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way LEHC conducts its business. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to LEHC’s daily operations.
LEHC strives to protect and respect the personal information of its customers, employees, business partners and others in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of LEHC must abide by the organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
LEHC will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. LEHC will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. LEHC will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
Under no circumstances will LEHC sell, distribute, or otherwise disclose personal information or contact lists to third parties.
For more information on LEHC’s privacy policies, please contact either your LEHC staff member or our Privacy Office, at info@LEHC.ca
At LEHC we continuously monitor customer satisfaction with our programs and service to look for ways to improve. We want to hear from you on how we are doing. We need your suggestions and complaints, to help us accomplish what we say in this charter. If you found our service helpful, or if you have a complaint about our service, we would like you to let us know. You can do this by phone, letter or by putting a feedback sheet in our suggestion box in the Resource Centre.
London Employment Help Centre
100-150 Dufferin Ave.
London ON N6A 5N6
Phone 519 439-0501 Fax 519 673 4100
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
8:30 am – 6:00 pm