“The London Employment Help Centre (LEHC) exists for personal achievement through maximum employment and entitlement to social benefits”
High Level Ends Policies
- Achieve Full Employment
1.1 Individuals achieve their maximum employment.
1.2 Individuals’ life impact of unemployment is reduced.
- Individual Enhancement
2.1 Individuals develop effective networking and job search skills.
2.2 Individuals are equipped to make employment decisions.
- Individual Support
3.1 Individual advocacy results in clients receiving social benefits.
3.2 Individual income support is achieved and/or reinstated where appropriate.
- Community Impact
4.1 Poverty in our community is reduced through increased employment.
4.2 Poverty in our community is reduced through receipt of social benefits.
The Best Thing
All our services are FREE.
Paving the Way
For clients primarily 25 and older who are unemployed or underemployed, we provide a combination of workshops and action plans to assist in becoming re-employed.
- Individual Planning and Coordination.
- Job Placement Services.
- Job referrals & placement.
- Employers receive training subsidy for eligible hires.
- Client receives paid training supports.
- Supportive workplace environment.
Tools for the Trip
Other Employment Service Programs:
- Develop effective resumes that get noticed.
- Practice interviews and get immediate feedback.
- Access the hidden job market.
- Develop effective healthsavy.com phone techniques.
- Hot tips for cold calling.
- Networking for success.
- Computer lab and wordprocessing.
- Email and Internet navigation.
- Social Media workshops.
- Your rights and responsibilities (Employment Standards Act, etc.).
- Access to secreterial support (typing of resume, cover letter & calling card)
It is a Long & Winding Road
More supports at our resource centres:
- Access to computers and Internet.
- Access to administrative support.
- Access to phones, fax, photocopier/printer.
- Access to training and community information.
- Free voicemail service.
Advocacy / Referrals to Other Community Agencies
- Advocacy – for individuals having difficulty with Social Benefit incomes ( E.I., O.W., O.D.S.P., and C.P.P.).
- Referrals to sister or other agencies that offer services not covered at LEHC.
- Provides representation at appeals.
- Provides crisis intervention and community referrals.
- Screens and refers children to the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation summer and winter camps.
Staff & Funders
- Overseen by a Board of Directors.
- Administered by a Chief Executive Officer.
- Full-time permanent staff of 28.
- An equal opportunity employer.
- Funded by Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills, Human Resources Skills Development, United Way, Individual, Community and Union donations.